Re: [hatari-devel] ImPerfect Falcon 512b demo?

On 2019-07-13 00:30, Daniel Hedberg wrote:
Hi,

I assume most 060 demos use the emulated FPU instructions. Does that mean that none of those work in Hatari?

--Daniel

I'm not an expert here, but I think you can enable 68882 emulation in 68060 mode and sort of work around it. However, I don't know what kind of performance that would give.

It was suggested earlier getting the CT60 TOS going in Hatari 060 mode, that would solve this problem. But on the other hand, the 060 emulation itself maxes out at 32 MHz, so it's not going to look pretty no matter what.

--
Anders Eriksson
ae@xxxxxx

    On 2019-07-13 00:03, Eero Tamminen wrote:
     > Hi,
     >
     > This demo shows just flickering red on Hatari:
     > https://demozoo.org/productions/205748/
     >
     > Does anybody have image of what it's supposed to look like?
     >
     > It's also supposed to be 060 / FPU / VGA, but if I use
     > "--cpulevel 6" option instead of normal Falcon, demo
     > terminates instead of running.

    Hi,

    it's supposed to look like this:
    http://ae.dhs.nu/pics/XI.png

    Remember it's not a demo, just 512 bytes intro.

    Hatari 060 mode does not include emulation of the missing FPU
    instructions, so it's a likely reason why it doesn't start.

-- Anders Eriksson
    ae@xxxxxx <mailto:ae@xxxxxx>

--
Mvh,