Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari SCSI support

On 13 May 2019 at 0:26, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> All warnings are for the same command.  According to
> hdc.c::HDC_Cmd_RequestSense(), Hatari warning comes
> because "cnt" is > 22.
>
> Thomas?

I'm not Thomas, but a know a little bit about SCSI.  The transfer length for
the REQUEST SENSE was 96 bytes, which is unusual but is not invalid, so the
Hatari message is perhaps misleading.

> HDC: REQUEST SENSE (SCSI, t=0, lun=0, opc=0x3, cnt=0x60, ctrl=0x0).
> WARN : HDC: *** Strange REQUEST SENSE ***!
> sd 0:0:0:0: Device offlined - not ready after error recovery
>
> Because of the above Linux warning, I assume opcode 0x3 in above means:
> #define HD_REQSENS_WRITEERR 0x03              /* Write fault */

I don't think so.  I think it just means the SCSI operation code is 0x03, which
means REQUEST SENSE ...

Roger