Re: [hatari-devel] Bug with "24 bits addressing" and reset

Le 05/05/2019 à 17:03, Vincent Rivière a écrit :
Hello,

I use a recent Hatari Git compiled for Cygwin.
It seems there is a bug between "24 bits addressing" and reset.

I use a custom EmuTOS which display traces about the internal IS_BUS32 value. Basically, it is detected by writing a value to address 0x0c (Address Error vector). If that value also appears at address 0x0100000c (should be either nothing or TT-RAM), then this is a 24-bit address bus. Also, if reading that 32-bit address causes a Bus Error, then this is a 32-bit bus, as it should have read back the value at 0x0c if it was 24-bit.

- I start Hatari with a 68030 configuration, with "24 bits addressing" unchecked. It is detected as 32-bit, fine. - F12, CPU. I check "24 bits addressing", click "Back to main menu", click "Reset machine", click OK. It is still detected as 32-bit (because no bus error occurred), this is wrong. - F12. I just click "Reset machine" then OK. It is now detected as 24-bit, this is good.

The fact that 2 reset are required to take in account that "24 bits addressing" option is a bug in Hatari.
And of course, this is very confusing when doing tests.

Hi

yes, this is a known issue, it was discussed in february in thread "Quit dialog suggestions". Not fixed yet, but it will be.