|Re: [hatari-devel] Issue with macOS version of Hatari 2.2|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: Hatari devel list <hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Issue with macOS version of Hatari 2.2
- From: Bob Carpenter <hatari@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 13:25:18 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ripon89-us.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=sender:from:content-transfer-encoding:mime-version:subject:date :references:to:in-reply-to:message-id; bh=siz1vLujQpTb9bftm8NPh8ppPErAtZCdfJrk6P6HooM=; b=aPj1dKtc3bt3lwr57Anst+PA5acsYq7KlV41lroBACiJRXMOYIMwHjeGI9Aai+ruvU HyAPDFxi0R/ncSjUGsNv9BhbaLVaXifqs3R/VWVDidB+9QFj3mSkRSqwleQ4etpiigkW NMgG9tG9TTx1GRD80yJR6lz2rECDl/8jDl2PgmrmuoySBhLMTyuV+3SMmV5k+uHCMclG 4w7SIDAbEaYELYBVv+JCm1s89lCmkeHS4uezz8u/ps2/6JQO06+6UdzuWSL1sriMojXS kmlvVLskYWX9hVsV2bq4ATmwyR5X9I4SzPnouD21K8PCGj6Y7Rh37Z1pc1iZLJ1J7uH4 SKAw==
Based on what I saw, I am assuming the problem will be with Macs with a Retina (HiDPI) display. I doubt the problem is related to Mojave. I just wanted to provide as much information as possible. I assume that simply replacing SDL 2.0.7 with SDL 2.0.9 will probably resolve the problem.
> On Jan 31, 2019, at 12:58 PM, Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le 31/01/2019 à 21:43, Bob Carpenter a écrit :
>> When I attempt to start Hatari 2.2 on my MacBook Pro (macOS Mojave 10.14.3, Retina display), it only shows the lower right hand corner of the ST desktop and the indicators were far too large as well. I moved my hatari.cfg file to make sure it was not the result of an invalid configuration file. The same behavior existed in windowed and full-screen mode. I was able to compile my own version of Hatari using the SDL 2.09 framework. That version appears to work successfully. In full screen mode, I did have garbage appear on the left-hand and right-hand sides of the Mac screen outside of the ST desktop area. However, it appeared to disappear after toggling Hatari a couple of times between windowed and full-screen mode.
>> Since I have a very plain Mac, I am assuming other Mac users (probably with Retina displays) will have problems with this release.
>> Everyone else,
>> I was unable to generate an Xcode project using CMake 3.13. I had to downgrade to CMake 3.12 in order to generate the Xcode project. After that, my old compilation instructions worked perfectly. I am assuming there were major changes to CMake in 3.13.
> Troed built the macOS version and he told me he tested it successfully on Mojave too. But maybe there're some differences to take into account, Troed might comment on this.