Re: [hatari-devel] Screen capturing for Previous

Am Sun, 16 Dec 2018 13:22:43 +0100
schrieb Andreas Grabher <andreas_g86@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to add Hatari's screen capturing features to Previous, but
> I'm having some problems with it.
>
> I'm calling ScreenSnapShot_SaveScreen() but it seems not to produce a
> screen capture. All I get is a copy of the status bar. Does anyone
> know what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Screen emulation is here:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/previous/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/src/fast_screen.c
>
> Any hints are welcome!

Well, looks like Previous is using two textures to render the screen,
uiTexture and fbTexture in the repainter() function. uiTexture is
updated from sdlscrn, and fbTexture is updated from the screen
contents.
Hatari only uses one texture which is updated from sdlscrn, and the
snapshot code uses that surface for this, of course. But since you've
got two sources in Previous, you've got to change this - instead of
using sdlscrn, you've got to use the vram of the emulated system
instead.