Re: [hatari-devel] Disk driver memory access checks

> * should not be able to read ROM file from disk and overwrite ROM memory
>    area (as that's not writable on real device).

Sure, but on a real system, it's not the device layer preventing that.
If on a real Atari I read data from floppy or hard disk and provide a
ROM address, the device layer will not prevent me from doing this. The
system will crash instead, for instance, during the transfer.
That's why I'm wondering what the most compatible approach is.

Best regards

Uwe