Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Disabling GEMDOS HD emulation (was EmuCON behaviour in the cartridge target)

On 20 Aug 2018 at 0:08, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> Changed this to hatari-devel as everybody should be there too...
>
> On 08/19/2018 11:50 PM, Roger Burrows wrote:
> >> cartridge).

> >> In which way, and what would be better?
> >>
> > I had to say -d "" on the commandline to avoid GEMDOS HD emulation.  It's
> not
> > intuitive.  There should be a way of disabling it in the UI.  If there is,
> > couldn't find it.
>
> Same as with other drives, just "Eject" GEMDOS HD (directory)
> in the "Hard disks" dialog.  After you OK the changes, emulator
> reboots without GEMDOS HD.

I thought I'd tried this, but obviously I hadn't.  Anyway, to get back to
Vincent's point, it's not obvious to a naïve user that in order to run a
cartridge he needs to disable GEMDOS HD emulation.  I knew that, it just took a
while to figure out how to do the disabling.  But IMO it's not obvious that
GEMDOS HD emulation implies the use of the cartridge port.  Perhaps there ought
to be a one-line explanation on the GUI panel that GEMDOS HD emulation and
cartridge port usage are mutually exclusive.

Roger