|Re: [hatari-devel] GemDOS_Write too restrictive|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] GemDOS_Write too restrictive
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2018 08:52:53 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1530859975; bh=HuzIe33LaXxxjKci80JfeCdeWOfhRNJY71vlTTIkhvo=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=qR+eH8C+AaFH2QXWe/X2t3AY3nrAeMx4TnvTVHtCLgaeOdYc618a4Bhd7hziLvVHn O3HViqSDFXxMNwObraMhiEhSCpgrpLSgsMZLxXGG34Pb4LijhCnHUR9rdj2DGg0YRF zg4uGaJj+ePhzUeLw3Z7WLedtxyNkiUnmRzKFwjxSypFIipEun8shr6zElBWq7Sd82 4F+8obCF/eVH9Zsg2tipjKwmT+4orNkKULFd+FebccQ/8VdxgokmGF0FhNrWW5wLJz SNUOmMcVYdPDptlAnWlYSBxXiPzxmV91v4PBvSh8Qiem9pgNrmxWe+3YIeyAvrO1nP /lPgshdguJQgg==
Am Thu, 5 Jul 2018 19:14:16 +0200
schrieb Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Am Thu, 5 Jul 2018 17:40:44 +0200
> schrieb Miro Kropáček <miro.kropacek@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > Hi all,
> > today I tested one of my testing tools (a ROM dump) in Hatari and to
> > my surprise, it didn't work. Why? Because Fwrite's counter-part,
> > GemDOS_Write, puts its nose where it shouldn't and refuses to access
> > the ROM area.
> > Is there any reason why? IMHO the function should save whatever
> > area I want, even if it's hardware.
> Hatari has to check that the emulated code only accesses valid ST
> memory here, otherwise it could happen that the 68k code gets access
> to the host memory (e.g. if you try to call Fwrite with an address >
> 0x1000000 or if you try to use an address between the RAM size and
> 0xe00000 if ENABLE_SMALL_MEM has been set).
> But yes, we should also allow access to the ROM area here. Does it
> work if you replace the
> if ( !STMemory_CheckAreaType ( Addr, Size, ABFLAG_RAM ) )
> if ( !STMemory_CheckAreaType ( Addr, Size, ABFLAG_RAM |
> ABFLAG_ROM ) )
> in that GemDOS_Write function?
I've just found your udump program on atari-forum.com, so I was able to
test this on my own. So this fix has been committed now.