Re: [hatari-devel] GemDOS_Write too restrictive

On Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2018 17:40:44 CEST Miro Kropáček wrote:
> today I tested one of my testing tools (a ROM dump) in Hatari and to my
> surprise, it didn't work.

Does not make much sense to run such a tool in Hatari, since it will only dump
the image just loaded ;) Beside that, Hatari may have patched the ROM. But you
are certainly aware of that.

>refuses to access the ROM area.

I agree, that is definitely a bug. Read access should always be allowed,
whether from memcpy, Fwrite, or whatever OS function may access the ROM.