|Re: [hatari-devel] STe DMA sound|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel <hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] STe DMA sound
- From: David Savinkoff <dsavnkff@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 13:12:07 -0600 (MDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=telus.net; s=neo; t=1523733127; bh=QJ7AKPkNeK0k0QnzZntohHYyBry56mPGLDQfk/HnRRo=; h=Date:From:To:In-Reply-To:Subject; b=A29kAkPL1LaqDd8c7ZvMlPswQ+XgeBkCrmzVQPFpNZ3OAW7//KbFAcAk6Fx62EXbs ihAdt3KmvSpNDN2leKn5kMLEkfFJaDVXpgImQRTZp5e7NIdiAaAFxIwz13hLbkqFvS slG0mZrLtdyv9zKnqaypTsDSTZJUxycm6J7E31/4ENg3J3DygjJWJt44epJewrq5LS I5X2BG+qx0mPosewhS5N1fNrqKb8zmuP2VvnNzdfpQfPgCLUrHsNQ8xpOr4LlDgzlH hR5I2nPUnCczWbw1SPKD2j772CEpUsnBHE9KgeHK8OIO6Q27eIT+8FA02QhRN/pp7d Yi/YDI1sSsCpQ==
- Thread-index: pdXRoKgMkj098EUJOPGbOeCJ5Qj2eA==
- Thread-topic: STe DMA sound
----- On Apr 14, 2018, at 11:57 AM, Christian Zietz czietz@xxxxxxx wrote:
> David Savinkoff schrieb:
>> Note that a real STe uses a 4th order lowpass switched capacitor filter
>> at ~20Khz cutoff frequency (Fc) ... look at the schematic (I can't remember
>> the part number) ...
> I always understood that the cutoff frequency of said SC filter is
> scaled according to the DMA sound sample frequency in order to provide
> proper anti-aliasing for all supported sample frequencies. Am I wrong?
You are right. The cut off frequency (Fc) is proportional to the
input sample frequency (Fs) ... and the STe DMA frequency is
changed so that Fc changes proportionately. eg.
(50 KHz dma -> 20 KHz filter Fc)
(25 KHz dma -> 10 KHz filter Fc)
The capacitor switching frequency is altered to suit the Fc.
I have the data sheet somewhere, but I'm stating things from off the
top of my head.
> Christian Zietz - CHZ-Soft - czietz@xxxxxxx
> WWW: http://www.chzsoft.de/
> PGP/GnuPG-Key-ID: 0x52CB97F66DA025CA / 0x6DA025CA