Re: [hatari-devel] Sonolumineszenz regression (was: Hatari 2.1.0 has been released)

On 02/15/2018 10:55 PM, Mariusz Buras wrote:
I find this release to work worse then previous one. For instance Sonolumineszenz demo doesn’t work anymore (exits after few seconds).

I can reproduce this.  The demo dies to DSP stack overflow.

It seems to work better if I disable cycle exact emulation and prefetch.

Disabling cycle exact seemed enough.

I thought this was supposed to enhance compatibility? :)

It should be, but there seem to be some regressions from
state somewhere between 2.0 & 2.1.

NOTE: fragile DSP demos that rely on exact timings between
CPU & DSP instead of doing proper synchronization between them,
can break or start working with small changes in CPU/DSP timings.
This can include also changes that make some parts of the emulation
more accurate.

(Falcon emulation isn't yet really cycle exact, especially in
regards to CPU <-> DSP and CPU <-> FPU timings.)