Re: [hatari-devel] Compiling with -Wall -Werror (congrats!)

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 10:30 PM, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 01/24/2018 10:39 PM, Christer Solskogen wrote:
On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 8:22 PM, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In general, -Werror isn't advisable in packaged sourced and automated
builds, at least if compiler may get updated independently.  New
compiler versions can output new warnings, either real, or bogus ones.

Okay, point taken. But I would at least advice you to  add -Wall to the
default CFLAGS. Hatari already have a lot of warnings enabled.

Of course it's there:
$ grep Wall CMakeLists.txt
        set(CMAKE_C_FLAGS "${CMAKE_C_FLAGS} -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wsign-compare")

Why do you think that -Wall is not enabled by default?

Or did you mean some other compiler than GCC or Clang?

Oh.. I didn't see that. Fuck. Well, I'll just bugger off to sleep, then.
Damn GCC folks. -Wall should mean *all* - but nooooooo. Some warnings are not enabled with that. -Wsign-compare is only enabled by default with -Wall if you compile C++. To enable in on C, you must use -Wextra.