|Re: [hatari-devel] ACSI emulation|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] ACSI emulation
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 20:17:02 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1516043823; bh=HdPGwhRDgHk4YdbA7js5wGdLBvW3RZjOXASvVKpXq+c=; h=Subject:To:From:Date:From; b=nXYqa0xXVMl4roArwrXgBOK8QaMCTmTtiSTIcuv8GJtHPi6ExjHShz/ENjqFnWzxr vdIzbf637hD5Jp0jplXIB6DNSZV9KtTDkEF6IrrrAZywyArQvW4BLJI16DZxjiII9W mK/qw1xL2fckFNDFH2HS1icT2Ixk/J5OeJy/OdDymA4cM2HDvnoHH4uiUJ01xmEH1C DDAleMkXKGijMTTHHQMs2i6EMbbfC6fvR2apuTB5Wlc105tAIn0TjSfh67fMfZr22v GV6uZxLHf7AXtiNYZ9K6xG1KXSxbN4M/8+mA0WIKW1r12wHKjeEZNPiT+sYNY+q8Jg RXMj+xywD8apw==
On 15.01.2018 20:14, Roger Burrows wrote:
> For EmuTOS-related reasons, I just measured the data transfer rate of an
> emulated ACSI disk. On my not-very-fast Linux system, it's about 5 times the
> maximum rate observed on real hardware (6400kB/sec vs 1300kB/sec), so
> presumably there is no attempt to emulate real hardware speeds in this area?
No, you're right - Hatari does not emulate the speed of a real ACSI
device / the DMA controller. It's rather working as fast as possible.