|Re: [hatari-devel] UAE 68030 MMU + prefetch + instruction and data cache emulation|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
I've tested a few more demos.
The cycle exact seems to run well for demos that are not MMU related
when I test them with the MMU.
The cycles bahave the same than when I test without MMU.
I'll do more tests.
Cycle accuracy still need some work anyway.
Le 03/08/2017 à 18:47, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Le 28/07/2017 à 15:25, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
MMU not enabled :
- Cycle Exact 68030 CE + caches (internal mode=4 op_smalltbl_24_ff)
- Prefetch 68030 prefetch, no cache (internal mode=3
- none 68030 basic, no cache (internal mode=0 op_smalltbl_2_ff)
MMU enabled :
- Cycle Exact 68030 MMU + prefetch + cache (internal mode=6
- Prefetch 68030 MMU + prefetch + cache (internal mode=6
- none 68030 MMU, no cache (internal mode=5 op_smalltbl_32_ff)
- there's no "cycle exact" mode for now in 68030 MMU, it's the same
emulation as "prefetch". For "cycle exact" 68030 (instructions
tail/head and more accurate cycles) don't use MMU mode.
- even in "cycle exact" mode without MMU, cycles are not always
correct yet, this is still work in progress.
As a followup to this description, a specific opcodes table was added
for 68030 + MMU in cycle exact mode.
So now, it uses internal mode=7 and table op_smalltbl_35_ff, which
should basically gives the same cycles results as already available
for "68030 without MMU + CE" (ie internal mode=4 op_smalltbl_24_ff),
but with additional MMU support.
Eventually, this mode will be the prefered one to emulate a Falcon
(when cycle accuracy will be complete for all cases)