Re: [hatari-devel] VDI resolution

Am Wed, 15 Mar 2017 15:55:00 +0100
schrieb Cocoa Pod <cocoa.pod@xxxxxxx>:
[...]
> Regarding crash risons I saw nMemorySize and ttramsize_MB must be
> corrected. I do that, modifie a bit xibs and now Hatari compile
> fine ! Diff file below

Thanks, I've pushed your patch to the repository now.

> Ok all seems run fine except VDI résolution.
> If I enable VDI résolution I get always blank window below.
> Anyone know why ?

Thanks to Eero's hint that fastboot=on is working fine, the issue was
quite easy to debug: Hatari now emulates the MMU/MCU of the ST and STE,
so if possible, the set up of certain system variables (memtop,
phystop) is now done by TOS during its memory test. However, in certain
cases, like using more than 4 MiB of RAM or using extended VDI
resolutions, TOS must _not_ detect the memory layout on its own, but
use the pre-defined values from Hatari instead. Some checks for
bUseVDIRes were missing here, but it is fixed now.