Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Leonard/Oxygene trace protection crashes on Hatari

Le 21/12/2016 à 10:25, Troed Sångberg a écrit :
Console output:

Illegal instruction: 4e7a at 000127AE -> 000127B4
M68000 Bus Error reading at address $ff8e21 PC=$127ca.
Bus Error at address $ff8e21, PC=$127ca addr_e3=127cc op_e3=4210
Your Atari program just did something terribly stupid:
VoidMem_xlate($e8198216)
Bus error wget at e8400000
M68000 Bus Error reading at address $e8400000 PC=$e83ffffa.
Bus Error at address $e8400000, PC=$e83ffffa addr_e3=e83ffffe op_e3=0

I like the error comment ;) I'm assuming (haven't debugged) that this is
a trace protection modifying next instructions in sync.

/Troed

Hi

I know this demo, I downloaded it some times ago on atari-forum and traced it under hatari. Hatari perfectly handled the trace+sync, but it crashed when decoding bytes n*512 (around the end of the file, can't remember the value of 'n'), which lead me to the conclusion that the file itself was corrupted and some sectors were not correctly read from the original floppy.

I would need to find the thead on atari-forum about this.

IIRC I also tried it on my STF and it crashed too.

Did you try it on a real STF ? Maybe it's a different version that the one I tested earlier.

Nicolas

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Troed Sångberg <troed@xxxxxxxxxxx