Re: [hatari-devel] Feature wish: preset machine setups

Le 18/12/2016 à 04:16, Miro Kropáček a écrit :
Hi,

maybe I'm the only one with this problem but very often I have to fight
with this kind situation:

  * by default, I have a 14 MB Falcon set up, i.e. TOS, hard disk path,
    maybe even some floppy paths for "depacking" some MSA'ed images
    meant for Falcon
  * however, quite often I bump into an interesting ST demo or an app
    which runs only on ST, basically I want to run an ST

This involves quite a painful process to changing the TOS path, memory,
CPU, DSP, FPU all the other paths, ... just to try out something.

I think Hatari allows loading custom config files (I wonder why I'm so
lazy/stupid not to use it?) but it would be much better if Hatari
offered something like a saved configs for various machines, similar to
WinUAE. So you'd have say five initial presets: ST, STE, TT, Falcon and
you could edit them or add a new one, ideally with a "Copy from setup
XY". I know, not exactly a one liner, just in case you don't know what
to do. ;-)

Hi

that's something I already think about, but it's true it's not coded yet :)

In the meantime, you can create different hatari.cfg files and start Hatari with a different config file.