Re: [hatari-devel] WinUAE CPU core MMU option and CPU accuracy?

Le 17/11/2016 à 18:23, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
I second that.
The falcon is a machine with a MMU, it should be enabled.
But maybe the timings in MMU mode are worse than in cycle exact or
prefetch mode.

We should be careful with that before enabling the MMU

Hi

IIRC without looking at the sources now, cpu is indeed less cycle-accurate when MMU mode is set.

I guess for now MMU mode is more about running unix like OSes under 680x0 cpu where memory protection and all are needed, than about being cycle accurate to run demos/games.

Maybe it could be disabled by default for falcon, I don't think many games/demos are using it anyway, and TOS test for MMU can be bypassed during boot.

Nicolas