Re: [hatari-devel] Fix display of Atari logo with extended VDI resolutions

 Hi Thorsten,

Am Tue, 15 Nov 2016 15:23:18 +0100
schrieb Thorsten Otto <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> attached is a patch that fixes this problem for TOS 2.06 and 3.06.

that's a cool fix, indeed. Every couple of months, a user complains
about the distorted logo - so finally fixing that sounds great.

> I haven't found yet a solution for 4.x, but AFAIK that version already
> uses VDI calls for this purpose, all that needs to be done is to make
> sure that the LineA variables are patched before this happens.

OK ... but AFAIK the VDI mode does not work right with TOS 4.x anyway,
so we can ignore that for now.

> I had to insert the SYSINIT_OPCODE into the sequence, so that the
> LineA variables are fixed by OpCode_SysInit(). If you don't like
> that, you have to find a way to get the neccesary information. All
> that the actual drawing function needs is the number of
> bytes/screenline (v_lin_wr) and the number of planes.

Indeed, I don't like the approach with the line-A init very much...
couldn't you simply write the values directly into the pAtariLogo2
array instead?
Also, it would be nicer to only patch TOS here if VDI mode is enabled,
so introducing a TP_VDIRES marker instead of using TP_ALWAYS would be
better, I think.