Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari 2.0.0 has been released

On Sunday 13 November 2016 18:50:24 Thomas Huth wrote:
> I doubt that this was ever working, we never had code in Hatari that
> patched the _hz200 variable. I've also checked with Hatari v1.8 and I
> can also see the memory test there. Maybe you confused this with TOS
> 2.06 ?

Hm strange. But i'm certainly not confused with 2.06. I rarely use it (mainly
because it does not support TTRAM), and the same logic is present there, too.

BTW in general, 2.06 and 3.06 are identical in all cases, except where the
hardware is different:
- 2.06 BIOS reads MSTE clock, while 3.06 reads NVRAM
- 3.06 has support for TTRAM
- 3.06 has support for the serial interface of the TTMFP
- 3.06 has support for video modes with 8 interleaved planes
- 2.06 has Blitter support, 3.06 not
- in a few places, 3.06 expects 68010+ by not testing the _longframe system
variable.

GEMDOS, AES and DESKTOP are absolutely identical, including the resources and
default desktop.inf.