Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Next release

Le 20/10/2016 à 00:50, David Savinkoff a écrit :
----- Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 19/10/2016 à 16:32, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :

I added/updated some entries, but I don't have the programs to check te
other 1.9+ entries.

Nicolas

while checking this bug report :

- Atari programs can crash Hatari in Falcon mode because sound DMA code
isn't robust
   against bad register values:

http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel/2012/02/msg00082.html

the url points to a message about printer, but I don't see anything
about falcon sound ?

I'm not sure this bug is still valid ?

Not a Bug for ST/STE
Should not affect Falcon or Falcon mode.
The falcon uses a different code path for its centronics strobe.
see: PSG_Set_DataRegister(Uint8 val) in hatari/src/psg.c

I believe the "Gianna Sisters" had some problems with sound
before I implemented a proper "centronics strobe". After this
was done, I found that "Gianna Sisters" would change the
strobe at the start of the game. Maybe that caused some
problems before the strobe was fixed. Now "Gianna Sisters"
causes a 0x00 to be sent to the printer (as would happen with
real hardware), and this does not affect sound in any way.

Note that some joysticks use the "centronics strobe" bit,
and would interfere with a real printer.

Thomas got rid of the printer buffer (good and no problems),
then a discussion speculating about what more could be
done ensued. I mentioned that optionally substituting the
R/W line (instead of the centronics strobe) would allow for
using this port for other purposes (such as a DAC).
Further discussions were about I/O etc.

I don't think there are any outstanding problems here.

Hi,
ok, thanks for the explanations. So I remove this item from the todo list.