Re: [hatari-devel] DIP switch support

On 16 May 2016 at 21:04, Thomas Huth wrote:

> By the way, the page at
> http://cd.textfiles.com/crawlycrypt2/ste/dips_e/readme.txt
> differs from http://gfa.atari-users.net/TT030/htm/swi.htm in the
> definition of the switch 8 - one says that the switch has to be enabled
> for DMA sound, the other says that the switch has to be disabled. Did
> somebody ever try this on a real TT?

Looking at the TOS 3.06 code, if bit 7 of the switches is 0 (i.e. DIP switch 8
is on), then bit 1 of the _SND cookie value is cleared (which means that the
_SND cookie says that Stereo DMA sound is not available).  I don't think it
does anything to the actual hardware, but a properly-written application
program should not attempt to use it.

Roger