|Re: [hatari-devel] Atari TT emulation and SCSI/Atari SysV Unix|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Atari TT emulation and SCSI/Atari SysV Unix
- From: Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 20:59:32 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; t=1439319572; l=1000; s=domk; d=seimet.de; h=In-Reply-To:Content-Disposition:Content-Type:MIME-Version: References:Subject:To:From:Date; bh=fU3LzEB9urcLCBVpGnAhZeLQe5JCjWdOcc4afGVCPns=; b=N7xRbtGNq/b4dY0A8E2wdVKPcVYhQ+jdnjsKWk944yW6JYRIIAmHfqxqngZvRdW2gPf YzbGpcaDzgvuVfK6eyifIYhoBL7f1EWuL73jYuz8pAIblyf9QkjNjsVcnGlHbHrjdg0To N0z0SN2KsG1G/uoVjoNHlkR62om4l19m71o=
No, Atari's SVR4 only runs on the TT. And the X11 distributed with it
only supports the TT high resolution. ACSI is not supported. This is
most likely because ACSI/DMA cannot directly access TT RAM. You
definitely should have TT RAM, though, because Unix requires much more
resources than TOS.
> On tiistai 11 elokuu 2015, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > On 10/08/15 20:57, Alex Madama wrote:
> > > Hello everyone,
> > > I was looking through the hdc.c code and noticed a bit of SCSI stuff
> > > besides the ACSI.
> > > Is full TT SCSI possible? And if so, can Hatari run Atari SysV Unix?
> > No, SCSI is not working yet, and no, nobody ever tried to run SysV on
> > Hatari yet. There's likely a lot of things left to fix and implement
> > before that can be run (e.g. the second MFP of the TT emulation is still
> > missing).
> Does Atari SysV Unix work on Falcon/IDE?
> Emulation for Falcon is more complete than for TT.
> - Eero