Re: [hatari-devel] DSP check freeze in Tautology II startup

Le 04/08/2015 21:50, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Le 04/08/2015 00:50, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

Tautology II & Kwiks.pd work now fine.

good news :)

Golden Island still gets stuck to DSP check:

It works with (older) OldUAE, but not with latest WinUAE,
even when using --cpu-exact off.

I found a 2 disks version, but it doesn't install on HD for some unknown
reasons. Could you send me a zip of your directory for this game ?

Hi

from what I see, it looks like a cycle problem.

The dsp mod player is loading some program to the dsp, then after a while the cpu sends data to the dsp at ffa206 but too early, before the dsp program reaches the point where it processes received data.

With the recent WinUAE cpu core, the cpu part runs on average faster than old uae cpu (using laurent's tables for cycles) . As it takes less cycles, the DSP has less time to reach the point where it can process incoming data, so we get a lock because the data sent by the cpu to the dsp is never acknowledged by the dsp..

This issue with this game is rather complex to debug (because cpu, dsp and blitter are running at the same time), but I see no other explanation for the moment. When new cpu core has more accurate cycle in 68030, we will see if this fixes the problem.