Re: [hatari-devel] TOS bootup tester results

Le 25/06/2015 00:30, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

I've been running TOS bootup tester as I'm adding TT-RAM testing
support to it, and noticed bootup issues in several configurations.

I haven't yet verified that they all are real problems instead
of issues in the tester, except for TOS v3 + 4MB + 0MB TT-RAM issue
with latest WinUAE CPU core.  With that config, TOS bombs after memory
check. With more ST-RAM, some TT-RAM, or using VDI mode, TOS v3 works.

Hi

tos v3 expects a TT, which means a 68030 + MMU enabled. Did you enable MMU in your tests ?

IIRC I remap the memory banks when TT RAM is used without MMU to get the equivalent of 32 bit addressing + simple remapping of the IO region (fake minimal mmu like result). So, this might explain why TT RAM prevents the crash, but the root cause is that you need to enable MMU for TOS v3 (as well as 32 bit adressing)