Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari data cache tests

Just in case you're bored or want to take a break from quake :) maybe you could write some kind of small benchmark that would count how many instructions (simple read or write, byte, long, ...) can be executed before a predefined MFP timer expires. This would allow to precisely measure the difference between emulation and real HW  (I agree I could also write this program myself and send it to falcon owners, but I didn't have time recently :) )

I have something like this already but didn't finish adding the relevant instruction sequences to time all of the interesting cases (I did add some of the common move patterns and most of the DSP transfer patterns but there are still a number of important things missing).

So yes - I'll spend a little time finishing that so comparisons can be done to figure out how close things are....