Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari DSP error loop problem (needs also halt dialog)

On lauantai 13 kesäkuu 2015, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > > Attached is patch dealing with issues in current Hatari halt/reset
> > > dialog.  It can go to infinite loop if user clicks Hatari close
> > > button while the dialog is open.  To fix this, I added new
> > > Halt/reset dialog which allows also to cold reset and quit
> > > emulation.
> > >
> > > (Enter will select Warm reset (by default) and ESC will select Quit
> > > option.)

If there's a similar emulated code looping issue on the DSP side,
it prints error message to console at speed which makes Hatari
completely unusable (there are multiple DSP instructions executed
for each CPU instruction).

I was able to trigger such situation with this demo:
	http://atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=28152

And by using EmuTOS 0.9.4 (which doesn't support XBios DSP calls):
--------
Dsp: 0x0001: 0x000001 Illegal instruction
Dsp: 0x0001: 0x000001 Illegal instruction
Dsp: 0x0001: 0x000001 Illegal instruction
--------

->  I think hang dialog should also be shown if DSP side gets into error
loop.