Re: [hatari-devel] Issues with cache hits/misses?

On keskiviikko 03 kesäkuu 2015, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 02/06/2015 22:14, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> > I.e. for future proofness, cache flushing should happen first.

And with copyback cache, reads will of course also need flush,
jost not cache invalidation.

> Yes, that's something that should be taken care of. But then, we will
> certainly need to come back to the code, as for now flush cache takes an
> address and a size in parameter, but in fact it flushes everything.
> This is not an issue for a small 256 bytes caches, but for a bigger one,
> we might need to have a better mechanism.

Yes, and doing flush for every STMemory_() operation can also
be a bit too much if some code does a lot of successive calls
(like GemDOS_GetDir() seems to do for every path letter...).