Re: [hatari-devel] Cartridge code Pexec7 / AUTO issue

On lauantai 25 huhtikuu 2015, Thomas Huth wrote:
> schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > On tiistai 21 huhtikuu 2015, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > Only reason I could think of, why Pexec7 doesn't work during
> > bootup is lack of parent basepage.  Until bootup has finished,
> > there's no valid basepage.
>
> That can hardly be the reason. Pexec5 is failing too

Just to verify...

Did you test removing Pexec7 call from your code,
and did it still fails when run from AUTO?

(Pexec7 call messes register values used for Pexec5 call,
and registers used after Pexec5.)

> and that works
> with the old version of the cartridge - the OS calls are pretty much
> the same in the old and in the new version, just the order is different
> and in the new version the program header is read into a space on the
> stack instead (since it is needed first).
> The problem must be something different... I just don't have a clue yet
> what could cause this strange behavior.

The code executed during Pexec7 when registers get messed and
when they don't get messed is exactly the same, so I guess
the issue is some data used by the code being different during
TOS bootup.

(Set breakpoint for Pexec7 and instruction following it and
take a trace of what happens in between.  The profile is
same.)