Re: [hatari-devel] Monochrome demos with grayscale "flicker" graphics?

On keskiviikko 04 helmikuu 2015, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> One more SillyVenture demo has the same problem as Yanartas;
> it's for ST, but works on Hatari only with STE emulation:
> 	http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=64511
> 	http://demozoo.org/productions/128052/
>
> Interestingly, this demo is for the monochrome monitor.

Btw. Does anybody know whether there are any monochrome demos
using "flicker mode" pictures produced by Mgif?

Mgif FS-dithers 3 screens with error being propagated between
the screens and switches as fast it can between the screens.
On the ~72Hz Atari mono monitor it provides pretty good grayscale
approximation.  You can also save those pictures as executables.

I've attached an example, but flickering intended for 72Hz analog
monitor doesn't look very good with Hatari on regular 60Hz LCD...

Here's some more info on Mgif & link to the program itself:
	http://ftp.funet.fi/pub/atari/graphics/mgif501.lzh
	http://www.stcarchiv.de/at/15/mgif

	- Eero

Before I got my first PC, I used flicker mode to view true color
images ray-traced (on same ST) with PovRay. :-)