Re: [hatari-devel] Re: RAM detection issue with VDI (was HDDriver issues with WinUAE CPU core)

On sunnuntai 11 tammikuu 2015, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 11/01/2015 12:34, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
>  > I agree, I saw this part of the code too, and I think something must
>  > be wrong when using VDI (maybe screensize should be rounded to
>  > something else, a multiple of 0x8000 ?)

Btw: if you use "--conout 2" with VDI mode and TT-ram, you notice
that TOS3 gives "infinitely" long ST-ram checking bar at TOS boot.

When memtop is 32k aligned, TOS3 detects TT-RAM, so I commited
that fix.

TOS3 + VDI mode doesn't work with new WinUAE CPU core although
it works with old UAE CPU core (or EmuTOS on TT emulation).
There's some mismatch between number of planes and resolution.

>  > Note that it bugs even if no TT ram is added and only 512 KB RAM, so
>  > looks really like a resolution problem and screen size values in VDI.
>  >
>  > But I don't know VDI that much, someone with more knowledge should
>  > have a look at this.

There's not much point in using VDI mode with smaller amounts of RAM.
VDI mode is used to get larger screen and that takes memory, with 512k
you don't enough memory left to run the applications.