Re: [hatari-devel] SDL GUI keyboard shortcuts

On lauantai 16 elokuu 2014, Thomas Huth wrote:
> schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> It indeed did not work for the SGOBJ struct, but I was able to add a
> similar hack to the place where the warning occurs, so I silenced it
> there instead.

Works for my GCC version too.  Interesting.

> I've added now basic cursor support for the file selection, too. It's
> still quite cumbersome, but I think it's better than nothing.

Great, thanks!

Needing to use page up/down when there are more chars is a bit
cumbersome at first, but I think after one gets used to it,
it's good enough.

Btw. I added Space back as (additional) focused item activator,
it felt somehow more natural for list objects than Enter.

> > You open file manager, type few letters from start of
> > a filename, check that expected file got selected,
> > press enter and it opens.
>
> Sorry, I was not quite clear here, when I said non-intuitive, I meant
> that "user needs to pause typing" stuff. I guess that would cause quite
> some confusion.

I see. To fix that UI issue, one would have needed to indicate
what actually was matched from the filename, and then one could
as well add focus.  You were right. :-)

Another cumbersome thing in the navigation is lack of
key repeat.  To help navigating long lists of files, it
could be nice to have single char shortcuts to jump to a place
in the list where filenames starting with pressed letter are.
What do you think?