Re: [hatari-devel] debugger help

On perjantai 21 helmikuu 2014, Douglas Little wrote:
> Ok I might be speaking too soon here.. but..
>
> ...yes that is already awesome :-) A quick test over lunch with the patch
> applied proves that I can now trace through code in logical PC order
> using 'n' command alone, without having to figure out what each branch
> is going to do, or if it's a control-flow op like RTS.

Known issues:
- Things that "n" doesn't skip yet: ftrapcc, chk2
- Things that "n branch" doesn't match: fbcc, fdbcc

If there's any other issue, I would be interested to know.

> Tracing just got 10+ times easier :) The pain is gone!

Ok, I'll commmit the patch and document it to manual.

> NB I also didn't notice any interrupts getting in the way during tracing,
> although I was running until a breakpoint rather than breaking in
> forcibly. I'll report on this separately after I've had some time to
> play with it.

I didn't do anything for that.  "n" will skip exception
instructions like "trap", but that's all.

	- Eero