[no subject]

An example : Racer (actual dev release runs in 4 VBLs, whereas under hatari=
, it runs in 3 VBLs

doing a loop like this :

              move.w #240-1,d1
..outer_loop:  move.w #320/2-1,d0
..inner_loop : move.l (a0)+,(a1)+
              dbf    d0,.inner_loop
              dbf    d1,.outer_loop

takes 6 VBLs under real hardware and only 4 VBLs under Hatari.

And I only speak about the "Real time" emulation, which takes quite correct=
 cycles into account.
The MMU emulation (used by Doug) doesn't take into account the instructions=
 cycles (nearly every instruction takes 2 cycles, so Hatari runs a lot too =
fast in MMU emulation mode).

The cache instruction mode is not completly accurate, but not that bad eith=
er.
It may increase the speed difference by a little if activated, but I don't =
think this can be the real problem.

This probably join the precedent threads about Falcon accuracy (I don't spe=
ak about exact accuracy, but close accuracy here, of course).

Regards
Laurent