Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari & physbase/$ff820x (Videl)

Yes Doug, there's still some work to do into hatari ;)

The videl is rendered in one time, every VBL.

The code would need a lot a rewrite, but I haven't changed anything because of the big speed difference between Hatari and real Falcon. I still think there's the general timing of the CPU to solve first (and maybe the Videl cycles to access the RAM are are not taken into account for now (I think))

Another example of problem is with pinball dream (the upper HUD is in a memory area whereas the game is in another area).
The game jumps the hardware register at HBL 80 (or something like that).
But Hatari is not precise enough for this.

I've got a hacked version of hatari for this special case, but it's not the way it should be sold.

Maybe one day, we could work together on Hatari and solve all these problems to have a good emulator ?

Regards
Laurent