Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari manual.html

----- Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Tue, 12 Nov 2013 12:45:58 -0700 (MST)
> schrieb David Savinkoff <dsavnkff@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I had a problem using the Hatari manual. I'm not a typist,
> > so I select-copy-pasted a command line option from the
> > Hatari Manual and got pranked real good.
> >
> > http://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/raw-file/tip/doc/manual.html#Command_line_options_and_arguments
> >
> > I figured it out, but won't say, because that would give it away.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > David Savinkoff
> >
> > ps.
> >
> > Hint:
> > −−patch-tos <bool>
>
> I guess you mean that one could easily confuse --patch-tos with
> --fast-boot, especially since the fast-boot option is described with
> "Patch TOS ..." in the GUI? ... that's really somewhat ugly, I think we
> got to rephrase some sentences here and there...
>
>  Thanks for the hint,
>   Thomas

I was stumped when Hatari wouldn't accept 'any' options because
the two dashes in front of −−patch-tos 0 must be minus signs
as in --patch-tos 0 for example.

The leading dashes are not ASCII. ASCII dash is 0x2D.

This is noticed when one select-copy-pastes a command from
manual.html to use the command in a shell.

David