Re: [hatari-devel] Extensions to Hatari's Native Features support for debugging?

On 10/10/2013 22:54, Eero Tamminen wrote:
Hi,

Douglas asked how one could direct native code asserts to
invoke Hatari debugger:
http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16682&p=239236#p239233

While one might try something hacky like this with --bios-intercept:
	XBios(255, "b pc=pc")

I think best would be to add direct support this this kind of operations
to Hatari's Native Features support, as that is easily extendable
(unlike XBios(255)):
	http://wiki.aranym.org/natfeats/proposal

For starters I was thinking of two additional NatFeats operations:

	"NF_DEBUGGER" -- invoke Hatari debugger
	"NF_COMMAND" -- same as Xbios(255)   [1]

Attached untested patch implements them to Hatari.

Comments, standalone test-code for NatFeats and suggestions for
other useful NatFeats commands would be welcome!

(especially the test-code, hint, hint...)

	- Eero

Hello

I don't use natfeats myself, but the patch/extension looks OK to me.