Re: [hatari-devel] Enabling of ACIA IRQs

Le 31/05/2013 17:06, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

Atari forum had this comment:
-----
Finally i managed to get cubase lite to replay midi on hatari. There are two
potential pitfalls: 1) The acia irq handling only works if the midi device
emulation is actually enabled. 2) It needs to be enabled at startup. Just
enabling it at runtime won't make it work. After that cubase lite sends data
to the midi out port.
-----

See:
http://www.atari-
forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=25081&sid=8a5a328dad12066f3a25bbd57dd4fdc3

Something to fix for v1.7?

	- Eero

Hello

I don't use midi, so I never really noticed.

In midi.c Midi_Data_WriteByte(), we have :

        if (!ConfigureParams.Midi.bEnableMidi)
                return;

So, if midi is not enabled, byte are not processed and nothing will happen (including irq).

As for 2), maybe the files to communicate via midi are only opened when Hatari starts, not later when you check/uncheck ? But Midi_Init() already seems to be called in change.c, so I don't know what is missing.