Re: [hatari-devel] Re: BM407 + symbols

Thanks a lot. I'm still recovering from my cold and so haven't done very much but looking forward to trying the new profiler!

I did have a few exchanges with Miro Kropáček ('Mikro') recently (we swapped some DSP source code & tips) and we both learned a few things and are now scratching our heads in surprise at each other's code! But specifically it's very probably going to mean another speedup in BM floor drawing thanks to him (hopefully we'll see some new polygon lighting tricks from him too, after his comments on my own source! ;-).

Will be a few days before I can do stuff again but will keep in touch.

D.

On 10 April 2013 15:07, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On tiistai 09 huhtikuu 2013, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Caller information shows that processor got into (end_addwall) function
> from an rts, and that's what is seen in callgraphs currently, both for
> CPU& DSP.
>
> While it's technically true, logically the function was arrived from
> preceeding instruction that did a subroutine call.  This can be a bit
> confusing.  I'll look whether I can do something for that before posting
> new callgraphs.

FYI: Also that is now fixed and there are no known issues with the caller
information.  I did some small updates to post-processor too:
        http://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/