[hatari-devel] Hatari emulated performance vs Falcon

I have been running some experiments in the background today, comparing Hatari against a real Falcon, for the BadMood project.

1) It's already understood that the d-cache is not taken into account and that does affect timing in some places, but I'm looking at other differences which don't involve the d-cache.

2) We have also recognized a difference in some DSP timings (discussed earlier) so I'll ignore that for now too.

Would I be correct in assuming that other timings should be close most of the time? I'm not yet sure if the i-cache behaviour is supposed to influence timing currently (My tests suggest the i-cache timings are also ignored).

So would I be correct in assuming that comparisons between Falcon and Hatari are best conducted with BOTH caches disabled?

Thanks,
D.