Re: [hatari-devel] WinUAE CPU core zero cycles

On keskiviikko 20 helmikuu 2013, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
> What are you looking at ?

The output from disassembler, which is invoked from profiler
when profiler detects zero cycles.

> I've done a little trace in a program and I get :
> I can see when tracing some code that the 68030 generates some cycles.
> (cyc= increase as it should)

I don't think it happens for all instructions of certain
type, but that it happens in certain situations.

> What is the problem ?

Set DEBUG to 1 in src/debug/profile.c, recompile, then do:
  echo "profiling on" > profile.ini
  hatari --trace cpu_disasm --parse profile.ini --machine falcon \
		--tos tos404.img

Check the cycle values for instructions which are reported
to have zero cycles.