Re: [hatari-devel] Code execution discontinuities and detecting them?

On maanantai 25 helmikuu 2013, Douglas Little wrote:
> I think filtering by the last opcode could help a lot but the best way is
> to know about the status changes in the CPU context - this info is
> unambiguous.

Good. :-)

> I suppose the question is what/how much of that to record
> and whether it complicates another part of Hatari?

As it needs to be kept only for previous instruction and it's
available for the current one, memory-wise it's fine.

All this checking can of course slow down things a little, but
if it's a problem, I can do it in the profiler only when symbol
caller tracking is enabled in addition to profiling.

Btw. could you or Laurent give a similar list of code execution
discontinuities also for the DSP?  Does it have all the same
cases that I listed for CPU?