Re: [hatari-devel] WinUAE and 030 cache hits/misses?

On lauantai 26 tammikuu 2013, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
> The patch seems OK to me.

I commited it already a bit earlier.

> I've done a quick test with it for cache/non cache timings,
> but there are still things to fix before this.
> It didn't change many things as I first expected.

I noticed that per-instruction cycle information is zero
just with the WinUAE "exact" CPU model.  If I use
"--machine falcon --cpu-exact false", I do get cycle
information.

I.e. with "cycle exact" CPU model one can get just cache miss
information, and with "non-cycle-exact" CPU model one gets
just the cycles information (but it's supposedly non-exact).

By "cycles information" I mean values of "CurrentInstrCycles"
and "nWaitStateCycles" variables at the time do_specialties()
is called in CPU core main loop.

Which of the newcpu.c *run() "main loop" functions are used when
selecting cycle-exact and non-cycle-exact CPU mode with WinUAE?

	- Eero