Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari profiler updates and CPU cycle questions

On torstai 31 tammikuu 2013, Douglas Little wrote:
> BTW I sent a DSP profile/disassembly listing earlier for Laurent but I
> don't know if it made it to the mailing list - it had a 160kb attachment?

Yes, it came to list.  For larger text files like that one you sent,
it would be better to compress them e.g. with gzip.

> On 31 January 2013 19:04, Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > With the last revision of the Hatari code (#d9c87d1f668d) it looks like
> > the symbol import and disassembly is now matching the sourcecode for my
> > case:

That's wierd, there were no changes that should have affected that.

I only did some minor changes to better support post-processor.

(Latest Python post-processor requires build of latest debugger code.)

> > (...although the CPU cycle counts are still wild, even in a debug
> > build).

I suggest we skip the CPU cache stuff and concentrate on CPU instruction
counts & cache misses + DSP instruction counts & cyles, and getting
the post-processing for them & symbols working for you propery.

Do you think there's some problem with the Devpac symbols converter?

	- Eero

PS. I will probably be only during few days on Net from tomorrow until
14th of February, so getting the post-processing working OK for you
by tomorrow would be good.