Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari profiler updates and CPU cycle questions

I haven't commited the min/max cycles code yet as it makes the output
more verbose and I'm wondering how useful it is.  I guess for 99% of DSP
code, there's no difference between min and max cycles, they always are
executed the same way...?

I think the main value is for the programmer to notice that a particular block of code has an unexpected (potentially large) penalty due to the location of data, more than anything else - and a penalty that perhaps doesn't show all the time. i.e. perhaps something that's difficult to find any other way except reading all the code and layout.

However this is from a developer/optimisation perspective only :-) i.e. this is how I would use it. I don't know if it's of use to anyone else....

D.