Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari TODO list update?

On Saturday 20 October 2012 10:20, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 20/10/2012 18:25, Thomas Huth a crit :
> >> Also, is there still something specific to be done for this:
> >> - Improve STE Microwire/LMC1992 emulation.
> >
> > IMHO this could be removed from the TODO list. Nicolas, what do you
> > think?
>
> I think the microwire bits are correctly interpreted, but I don't recall
> if all the LMC filters are correct so far (I can't say that from my
> hearing).
>
> David, do you think some things can be improved (or are really missing)
> regarding filters in the LMC emulation ?
>
> Nicolas

The LMC1992/Microwire is fully implemented from my viewpoint.
Please let me know if there is something that can be improved.
Laurent was involved here too. Hi Laurent :)

The only things I can imagine that someone may be waiting on are:

At one time I mentioned that the bass and treble could be done with
integer math for speed. However, floating point is faster, better
and more convenient on computers that support it (even Rasberry Pi).
Furthermore, Hatari uses floating point elsewhere. Thus, I will not
convert the filters to integer math (float is better for IIR filters).

The ST YM2149 is filtered differently than the others (STE etc.) for
44100 Hz and 48000 Hz sampling rates because the ST should be, and
lower ST sampling rates don't need to be filtered as much. Note that
the YM2149 50066 Hz sampling rate is for the native STE (non ST).
(The above has nothing to do with the LMC1992/Microwire.)

David