Re: [hatari-devel] .HFE floppy image support?

Le 31/10/2012 19:40, Matthias Arndt a écrit :
Hello all,

would it be possible to add support for .HFE floppy images to Hatari?

This is the format used by the HxC Floppy Emulator and more and more
Atarians (including me) tend to have this device.

It would be nice if Hatari could use those images.

The format is specified here:
http://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_drive_emulator/SDCard_HxC_Floppy_Emulator_HFE_file_format.pdf

Regards,
Matthias

Hello

to use this format, which is very low level, you also need a kind of wd1772 emulation that knowns how to decode the MFM (or similar) data stored in each image.

Unless such part exists, I don't think it will be possible to use this in Hatari at the moment (it would be too much work to write this from scratch)