Re: [hatari-devel] WinUAE Falcon emulation and FPU

On perjantai 28 syyskuu 2012, Thomas Huth wrote:
> schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > The reason seems to be that WinUAE core defaults
> > FPU to "none".  If I select any other FPU option,
> > the demo works fine.
> >
> > Does old UAE core 030 setting emulate FPU?
>
> Yes, that's why the GUI says "68EC030+FPU" when you
> select this CPU level.

Why old UAE core emulates by default something which
isn't standard on 030?

> > As Falcon has 68030 which doesn't include FPU and
> > Falcon didn't include a separate FPU, how this demo
> > can work on real Falcon?
>
> It doesn't work on a non-FPU Falcon. Just read the
> read_me.1st file that is shipped with the demo.

Thanks, I missed that.  I was in hurry to be somewhere
else when I noticed the issue (I had first thought it
was EmuTOS regression because I've naturally tested
earlier EmuTOS versions only with old UAE core).

IMHO it would be better to add something about that
at least to the compatibility list.  These kinds of
differences between our emulation cores can be a bit
surprising...

Are there a lot of demos that *require* FPU?