Re: [hatari-devel] 68030 MMU work

 Hi Laurent,

Am Sun, 09 Sep 2012 15:06:44 +0200
schrieb Laurent Sallafranque <laurent.sallafranque@xxxxxxx>:

> Hi again,
>
> While reading all the changes (very good work !), I noticed the
> following (in newcpu.c) :
>
>    3657
> <http://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/file/b8c82046d4d4/src/cpu/newcpu.c#l3657>
> 		set_x_funcs ();
[...]

Please try to avoid sending HTML mails to the mailing list ... they are
ugly to read for everybody who's not using a HTML email program.

> I thought the 68020 was a 68030 without MMU, was I wrong ? (see line
> 3666)

The 68020 could be accompanied with an external PMMU chip, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_68851
(The 68030 was basically a 68020 with the PMMU integrated into the
chip.)
So IMHO it does also make sense to offer the MMU option for the 68020,
too.