Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari build for raspberry pi

On perjantai 04 toukokuu 2012, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
> Great.
>
> Is it fast enough for Falcon emu ?

According to Wikipedia it's 700Mhz Arm v6 (ARM11).

I've tried Hatari v1.4 on my N900 phone which is 600Mhz ARM v7 (Cortex-A8)
i.e. being dual-issue it might be faster than R*PI despite the slower clock.

Falcon stuff that doesn't use/require DSP can work at acceptable speed
on such a machine, at least with the old CPU core in Hatari v1.4 (I'm
not sure about the latest hg head version though as you changed it
to update screen on every VBL...).

Falcon demos that I would recommend to test are NewBeat's 4kB Flu & Blue
intros, they work fine even with EmuTOS and look nice without taxing
the emulator too much:
	http://newbeat.atari.org/main.php?page=productions

Btw. Note that not even all of the ST stuff works with this slow devices,
things that require overscan & lots of palette switching i.e. lots of
interrupts, can require >1Ghz CPU.

	- Eero